Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Went out with HUimin today to queensway... only to realise that the distance between me and the rest of the people thriving in a competitive environment is getting larger and larger. Like what she said, if you think we changed, it's because of our environment. It screams in me that it's time to get independent. Just like what Yanting said, UNi is the time to learn to be independent. I always thought I am, and I think I still am. Just that emotions always and is forever getting in my way toward the utmost independence.

I told her today I felt as though I have wasted my youth away and I really did. I passed my youth without any shocking accomplishment. Didn't earn my first 10K, didn't have any outstanding achievements. Just an average plain Jane that I doubt anyone would remember. That's kind of sad, ya. Hope it's not too late now to make any impact I am intending to make. Still no major plans for any form of achievement.

If environment is a factor, I rather be in a competitive one. At least I wouldn't feel so useless and inferior. At least I wouldn't fear for my future. But, as always. It's an irony that people in the rural areas wants to go urban while urban souls wants to go rural.

Humans are the most complicated beings. One single organism can have multiple personalities. I never believed in psychology test because I always feel that I have multiple personality disorder whenever I do that. One test can produce the opposite result of another. But it could just that I do not have an outstanding ability. Afterall, how well do you know yourself?

INDEPENDENCE. Learn to protect yourself. This is not selfishness but survival.

No comments: