Friday, April 02, 2010

My first day to work was... OK... but I could understand my friends feeling on a peak hour bus or train... Haha...

Woke up at freaking 6.15 in the morning... And realised I was too early for work when I reached there... Diaoz... 6.15am is earlier than school wake up time for me... Zzz... So... Jurong being pretty inacessible... I had to walk to Lakeside MRT station... Take the freaking squeezy train to Clementi and then rush (like a typical Singapore Auntie) to board the 183 into Science Park... I almost got 'kiap' but the bus door can... LOL.... and when I alighted... I found out that I didn't tap my card... -_-''' So I hitched a free ride to work on the first day!

Reached there, found my way by directly asking the info counter... And time check... 8.20am.... i am suppose to report at 8.45... So I went to their cafeteria and stone... 8.45 went back and then the HR person... Made me wait until 9 plus cause she was caught in a jam... Rah... You know... time=money??? Hence, by the time I was introduced to the finance department, it was like... 10am?

My first impression of my supervisor is 'Office Politics' He simply looks like some person who would stab you on the back one day... Phew... I am just a temp staff... Got briefed on what to do and ya-da ya-da.... I got a table of my own! :) Eh... forgot to mention... when I walked into the finance department, my thoughts were... 'Pri school staff room' and the whoel department was using Excel.... Not suprising... So I got a table with my name--> not really my table... Cause the table I was supposed to be at was stacked with A4 papers and files... So they just dump me to a table... and a personal Laptop... :)

Then... Cause the work i was suppose to do is not in YET.... the person got me something to do... And for that whole of yesterday.... I was revising Econs (international trade i suppose)... with current accounts, financial statements, credit risk appearing... I was like... Hmm... so this is where Econs is of good use... Yup... and numbers and more numbers.... Rah.... I would never wanna be an accountant in my life man...

Then... I was supposed to leave at 5.45 as stated in the contract... but I left the place at 6.20! And my dad was supposed to drive me to work... but... due to our lack of communication... He was waiting for me at Science Park 1 and I am at Science Park 2! So we were arguing on the phone and I was screaming saying that the bus stop only has 183 and he was screaming his bus stop only has bus 92. In the end... I gave up and decided to take a taxi down... Actually it's my fault that I gave him the wrong add... Instead of 61 science park road... I gave him 71 science park road... BUT i did told him that I am in Science Park II.... rah....

So... I flagged a taxi at peak hour... I am pretty lucky to be able to get one is quite a short time... Cause you know that area pretty ulu and taxis don really go there lahx... And then by the time I board the freakinf cab... it's already 6.45... And what time was I suppose to reach the clinic? 6.30pm.... 完了!But also lucky for me... The AYE wasn't Jammed and I managed to reach the clinic at 7 pm... Thanks to the cab uncle rushing his way and drive pass an orange light(hope he didn't get fined by doing that)... Then when I reached, the doc still not here yet... Phew.... But even if I am late, the doc won't care lahx... but just that my supervisor will eruption... :X


That's the end of my chaotic day on April FOoL...

Afterall... The job was pretty ok... At least I wasn't thinking about why the time is crawling or wanting to go home... but I felt like I was in antartica and feeling sleepy...

Oh... And today... I read this book or brochure i got from my letter box and it reminded me of Huimin telling me about this global warming chapter she read in Freakonomics... Carbon Dioxide is NOT the only gas that is causing global warming! And even if we cut down CO2 emission, it would not help much as predicted or told... What we need to cut down is METHANE gas which traps 74times more heat than Carbon Dioxide... and is abundant in Agricultural sector... Like your pig, cow, goat, chicken...

So... if you really want to make a difference in global warming and save the earth, Eat further down the food chain (or rather just eat the producers which are our plants). Turn Vegetarian. But if you are a meat lover like me... You might just try cutting down meat intake alittle by a little... I am planning to eat vegetarian 3 times a week... See whether can tahan anot... HAha... Oh... and the book say you will get good Karma too... by not killing animals... Which I think it's pretty rubbish... haha... eh... The book also said something like... If the whole world start eating vegetarian, the world condition would improve in 60 days... That's like SO FAST!

No comments: