Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dilemma

I am sure I posted something along this line around this period last year. The question forever bothering me. Should I quit my work at the clinic. It’s kind of difficult to weigh out the pros and cons of it, the opportunity cost. Well, the pro of course would be an income where you can cover your daily expenses as well as save up some to buy stuff. I do have a goal to reach about the amount of money in my bank account by the end of the year. If I were to quit, if would mean the amount would be shrinking and I wouldn’t reach my goal! My pocket money is barely enough to feed me. Not blaming my parents for the miserable pocket money because I feel Uni is the time your wings grow hard and you should learn to be independent in all ways.

But if I don’t quit, my weekends would be burnt and I thinking next semester is a project semester. It kind of suck if you cannot find a common time for group meetings and I don’t want to be a contributing factor. Afterall, isn’t weekends the better days to meet up from project work? Weekdays seems impossible with the screwed up timetable of everyone. Also, I want to join CCA this sem. Life gets boring if you go to school just for studying and project, I have experienced it last sem and it almost killed me. :(

So Yanting and I has agreed to join NUS CSC and one of their initiatives for a regular volunteering activity and I told her I might join a sports too and NUStage if I get through auditions or even see it in the matric fair :) Then yesterday Kaylene suggested Rovers which I have been wanting to join since last year but no one is interested. IF I join all this, I am not sure if working at the clinic on weekends is feasible. I do have academic goals too.

Hoping to juggle as many balls as I can next semester and it all boils down to time management. Crucial. And I hope with all my might that nothing clashes with anything:) Kindly make my life better. I don’t need friends, all I need is a fulfilling life. Friends come and go (don’t argue, I’ve seen it multiple times) but impact stays forever. Like I posted few weeks ago… that’s why I admire Wayne Lim. :)

No comments: